Finca "Casa Esperanza"

Prices from 280 € - 350€/week


Hiking and birdwatching are on your doorstep and fishing in the River Ebro is a short drive away.

Doors open from the lounge onto terraces front and rear, with  a walled herb garden with outdoor dining area.

The cottage has around ten acres of olive terraces - almonds, olives, figs, carobs, grapes - surrounded by wilderness, where rosemary and many other herbs grow in profusion.

The finca approached along an old picturesque track which makes a car an essential ingredient for a tranquil stay.

Why not take a stroll around this 4 hectare farm along small winding paths through the fantastic countryside ?.

 

320 square kilometres that form the Nature reserve of the Ebro Delta constitutes one of the largest humid area of the Mediterranean Europe. In this protected area we can contemplate gardens, fruit-bearing trees and rice fields,

  In the left hand side of the Delta you can find Marquesa beach and the lighthouse of Fangar and it's beach along with the beach of Riumar. To cross to the another side of the river you can use the ferries. There are various towns and villages in this area, Camarles  and Deltebre are perhaps the most important. 

 Camarles (29.00 km2, 2,868 inhabitants) is one of the most modern towns with a better perspective of growth of the low Ebro . It consists of the nucleus of Camarles, the Granadella and the lligallos of the Roig and the Gànguil. It is described as the “Viewpoint of the Delta” because the town is a few meters higher than the delta plain, a place where formerly the sea arrived. Only the third part of the term (931 has) is deltaica. It does not reach the sea by one narrow strip of the municipality of L'Ampolla . In medieval times the only residents were the defenders of the towers of Camarles and the Granadella, buildings that have been restored. The castle or tower of Camarles is circular made of stone, erected on an old Islamic farmhouse. The one at Granadella is square. In 1150, Ramon Berenguer IV donated the castle of Camarles to Guillem de Sunyer, and the one at Granadella to the bishop at Gaufred

On the outskirts of the Bordissal, to few meters of the old coast, at the beginning of 50's around thirty terracotta figures were discovered with a female representation attributed to the Tanit goddess. In the following excavations a series of ancients walls and a silo were found, as well as black varnished ceramics. It was an Iberian settlement from IV to III a.c. At the beginning of the XX century, the population of the present town of Camarles did not surpass a hundred inhabitants. The development came with the left channel of the Ebro (1912). In 1956 the Rice Cooperative was created and in the later years wells have been opened and have greatly increased the citruses and vegetables in lands where olive trees had once been. Also bird-raising farms have been built. Camarles it is an affluent urbanized town, of straight and wide streets, with gardens and walking areas. It has the parochial church of Santo Jaume . The lligallos of the Gànguil and the Roig have also grown and have the modern church of Sant Joan Baptista . The A-7 motorway, the N-340, two highways towards Deltebre and the railway line Tarragona-València cross the municipality. Along the N-340 construction companies have settled, with other industries, as well as leisure centres. The recent urbanization (1992) of the industrial estate Nova Sale, also next to the N-340, created many possibilities of work in Camarles and towns of the delta.

Gratis Homepage von Beepworld
 
Verantwortlich für den Inhalt dieser Seite ist ausschließlich der
Autor dieser Homepage, kontaktierbar über dieses Formular!